Building empowered social capital for a global village
Awaken to Life
"The real preparation for education is a study of one's self. The training of the teacher who is to help life is something far more than the learning of ideas. It includes the training of character, it is a preparation of the spirit."
—Maria Montessori, The Absorbent Mind
Having served as a CEO of a Corporate Foundation for over 10 years, while running my own NGO, has helped me gain the necessary training and knowledge besides access to experts in every field, to provide services to Corporates in the following areas:
- CSR assessment, planning and execution besides impact analysis
- Sustainability practices that favor green environment in all occupied campuses
- POSH Consulting and External member of the Internal Complaints Committee.
Rights of children need no introduction; it is a constitutional guarantee for the children of our country which we are bound to comply with.
– Children are entitled to their rights, but how many of us know what these rights are?
– Violation of children happens – mental, physical and sexual.
– I surveyed over 2000 persons who have revealed that they know little or nothing about Children’s rights.
– As a country we must ensure that our children are safe and happy so that our future is secure in their hands, as they grow up to be conscious, productive social capital with superior integrity and higher order thinking.
– I started out in this field when there was little or no information available on the law and its special powers of implementation. However diligently I have gathered resources from different parts of the world on best practices and have field anecdotal experiences that make all the difference to the various retribution and rehabilitation theories, in terms of actual child friendly practices for children deprived of liberty.
– Being selected to serve in adjudicatory roles with the Child Welfare Committee in 2001 and the country’s first Juvenile Justice Board as the Member Magistrate, in 2002, I was party to engender collaborative decisions that were seminal, far reaching and gave hope of restorative justice to both the children in conflict with law and in need of care and protection.
– Having Co-managed the Govt. Observation and Children’s Homes for over 6 years partnering with the Department of Social Defence, the resounding voices of children registered in my heart and spirit to guide me on new models in early life education for them as a mode of preventing delinquency and drop outs.
– Those seeking clarity on the approach to Juvenile Justice aligning with other Children’s Laws, would immensely benefit from our repository.